Request for Proposals (RFP) from the WITH Foundation (WITH), the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD) and Ability Central
Enhancing the Resources, Programmatic Efforts, and/or Advocacy regarding Supported Decision-making for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities who use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
WITH is a private foundation that promotes comprehensive and accessible healthcare for adults with developmental disabilities. The mission of AADMD is to improve the quality, outcomes and value of healthcare for individuals with developmental disabilities and their circle of support. Ability Central makes grants to improve communication and information access for people with disabilities.
WITH, AADMD, and Ability Central embrace person-centered innovations and culturally competent care.
This is an invitation for collaborative proposals which focus on the development of additional resources, programmatic models, and/or advocacy related to Supported Decision-Making (SDM) for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). Proposals should use one of the following approaches:
- Educational materials and/or Process Development: Develop additional educational resources and/or process information related to SDM
- Place-based Implementation: Supports place-based implementation of SDM models, i.e. projects that support the implementation of supported decision-making within a specific healthcare institution or system, community organization, etc.)
- Advocacy: Supports local, regional, or national advocacy related to SDM
A secondary goal of this RFP is to foster new partnerships or significantly enhance existing partnerships between disability organizations, advocates, community organizations, and healthcare providers.
Grants of up to $100,000 (each) for a 1-year period will be awarded.
RFP Suggested Applicants
- University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD);
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) Programs;
- Other Not-for-Profits 501(c)(3) – Healthcare, Community, and Disability organizations.
- July 1, 2019: The full RFP will be released on WITH’s website at: withfoundation.org/current-grant-cycle;
- August 8, 2019: A technical assistance conference call will be held at 11am PT/2pm ET to answer any questions pertaining to the design of the program and the application. The call-in information is as follows: 866-317-5076 (No passcode is needed);
- September 4, 2019: Proposals will be due by 11:59pm PT. Proposals must be submitted via online application.
- February 4, 2020: The final funding decisions will be announced by this date.