Here is why:
- Technology is transforming healthcare.
- The combination of digital and mobile technologies, social networking, advancements in the uses of sensors, as well as advancement in data-collection mean that the traditional models of healthcare service are changing.
- WITH Foundation provides financial support to organizations that promote the establishment of comprehensive healthcare for adults with developmental disabilities that is designed to address their unique and fundamental needs.
- Our Digital Health Initiative seeks to ensure that the future of digital health includes the perspective and experiences of the IDD community. WITH believes that if technology meets the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, it results in better technology for all.
- In March we held a workshop in partnership with Sidebench. At the workshop, technology designers and developers worked together with people with developmental disabilities with the goal of promoting greater inclusion and universal technology design among its participants, and ultimately the broader design community.
- The workshop was a tremendous success, stimulating new ways of thinking that helped designers recognize the vast opportunities open when creating design that’s accessible to everyone.
WITH and Sidebench are being considered for a panel on this topic at SXSW 2019 in March, but we need your help. Will you please take a moment and vote for our panel? No cost involved.
Here is how to vote:
Click “Create and Account”. After filling out the information, you’ll be asked to confirm your email address with a link that will send you back to sign in.
Click Panel Picker and enter Equitable Design for Person With Disabilities in the search box on the top right. The panel will appear on the right, click it and Vote up!
The process takes about 5 minutes, but your vote is so important.
Please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
The mission of WITH Foundation is to promote comprehensive and accessible healthcare for adults with developmental disabilities. Read more about our Digital Health Initiative here.